This year the annual Cré Conference (21st, 22nd, 23rd September) will again be hosted as an online event of 2-hour sessions each day - enabling you the flexibility to pick the sessions that interest you most.
Members of the Compost Council of Canada will attend the conference throughout, where esteemed local and international speakers will discuss topical issues and share their insights. Virtual tours are included in what is promising to be a very interesting conference.
- Tuesday will explore latest developments in the industry, including updates on EU and national biogas policy, biowaste recycling initiatives.
20 Years of Cré - Looking Back & into the Future (Martin Eves, Chairman, Cré)
- EU Biogas Policy Update - Getting Fit for 55 & Mapping the State of Play of Renewable Gases in Europe (Susanna Pflüger, Secretary General, European Biogas Association).
Experience of UK Renewable Transport Fuel Obligation (David Hurren, UK CEO, Air Liquide Biogas Solutions Europe).
Updates on Food Waste Activities/Garden Waste Recycling Initiatives
(Speaker to be confirmed).
- Wednesday will be about the future of Peat, with a very interesting presentation from one of the international speakers.
Henrik Lystad, CEO of Norwaste in Norway will present on 'Peat Replacement Developments in Norway'.
- Thursday will feature a virtual tour of Canadian compost and biogas plants - three tours that are sure to be of great interest to all attending:
City of Toronto Combined Biogas & Composting Plant, Derek Sawyer
- Miller Compost Bloomington Facility, Richmond Hill, Kyle Howes
- Miller's Escarpment Renewables facility (AD), Sam Huang
Sessions are recorded and will be available afterwards for replay to all who register for the event.
The conference agenda is developing and you can see the current draft programme on the website
The Cré Online Festival - in partnership with Compost Council of Canada - comes at a pivotal time for the sector and will create much debate, be thought provoking, informative and inspiring.